Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Oops.

Doom. I still don't feel like I'm drawing anything good. I actually drew 3 today, 1 of which I'm posting, 1 of which sucked utter crap (like that makes sense), and 1 of which I liked but couldn't complete parts of it that just completely ruined the picture. The one I liked was actually drawn using just the paintbrush tool (no lines) and I tried drawing realistically, but I didn't use a reference picture and in the end I couldn't get the eyes to look right with 10 or more tries. :(

Anyway... here's the picture I drew last.

Usually whenever I draw something, I like to challenge myself and try something new, however small or large the challenge may be. I haven't been really inspired by anything recently and I can't really think of anything challenging for myself. So... I think the only reason this picture looks mildly OK is because I didn't really force myself to draw it. If I force myself too hard to draw something, it ends up like a piece of crap. haha. =_= Anyway, I did absolutely NOTHING new on this picture, except MAYBE the hand placement, which makes her look like a MONKEY. =_= So... this picture is pretty lame. :( I don't really like the expression of the drawing.

Here's the painting thing I did, without eyes, if you want to see it. haha.

2 comments:

Diana Y. Chen said...

I actually thought the painting was really nice. Pictures don't always need to be finished to be "complete" in my opinion.

Whenever I can't think of anything to draw, I just draw something really easy that I know how to do, like lolico girls HAHAHA -_-;

Ganbatte ne?

Diana Y. Chen said...

oh haha, the sketch is good too!

I think you're getting better at expressing emotion in your people rather than just a :) face. haha