Thursday, June 14, 2007

D is for Dancer

Har. I actually drew this at work again. SHhhhh...

I actually felt pretty good about this 3/4th's of the way through, and then the last quarter... well, it didn't really crash and burn, but I finally drew the things I was afraid of drawing, and half of it came out a lot better than expected, and the other half... well... yeah. haha.

No pencils at work, by the way. I checked. None. I drew this with two pens. haha. Here's the original finished drawing.

Her hip was supposed to be sticking out, since originally she was just... standing there. Kind of static/boring for someone who's supposed to be dancing, so I tried to make her hip stick out. I already drew the skeleton in pen though, so fixing the legs was kind of weird, and it ended up looking like her hip was dislocated. haha. The cloth also could look a lot better. It looks too chunky/blobby to me. haha.

I like the way her face and arms came out though. Her feet too.

Kind of embarrassing to say so but... her breasts too. D: It's just that normally when I draw girls it just looks... not right. haha.

I liked the... IDEA of her costume that I had. It ended up looking much more bland. haha. Now that I notice it, it looks kinda like clothes from a ninja game I've been playing. Sadness. She could use more jewelry/decoration.

Overall, I really like how this picture came out. :D I've been liking how my pictures have been coming out lately, so that should mean I'll hit a pit soon and I'll suck for at least a month straight. Prepare yourself.

Go go E!

No comments: